PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2008, 22:07
schoolkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Thats my point on the regional airports like Galway/Waterford etc getting millions. There is no major need for them
Oh dear Lord ,to hear of the Shannon lobby complaining about Government subsidies to other regionals is completely laughable. Reading some of the recent posts you would think some of the posters prefer DUB, SNN and ORK being the only half decent Airports in the country. There is a lot more Ireland out there.

And to the point that there is no major need for them, that would only add to the Dublin centric planning that infects most other public services in Ireland.i.e. new motorways ,railways, health etc.. Why should people in the regions be forced to drive 80/90/100+ to access UK or European flights..and surely the enviromental impact of aviation is reduced if these long Airport drives are reduced.........

For all the subsidies SNN has received, GWY and WAT have even managed to secure AMS flights before SNN. Did Skynet really count?? Something about this fact tells me the regionals are spending their Government subsidies in a much more beneficial way than SNN ever has,and also without a U.S. soldier in sight