PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking to do FI(r) Course
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2008, 21:48
lady in red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a point or two to add to those already posted. My course takes 5 weeks in mid-summer if you are prepared to work long days, six days a week. Any other time of year it is likely to be 6 to 7 weeks or even longer, if you want to slope off at 4.30 or only pitch up at 10.30.

Remember that a properly conducted course will require an absolute minimum of 125 hours ground school and 30 hours flying, so count at least 4 hours in the classroom for every hour in the air and then allow for the admin - refuelling, paperwork etc. Full-time it is hard to do more than one flight a day, especially if you have another student on the course - but then the advantage is that you share the ground school cost (at least you do on my course). If you do not get the ground school then you have not done the course properly and that will be immediately apparent to the examiner.

Mind you, I have been accused on these forums of being TOO thorough, a criticism that I thought spoke volumes about the person who made it...!

By the way, I am now booked until the end of July...except for possibly one place on the mid-June course. You can read in to that what you like, but I read into it that most people like thorough rather than cheap and cheerful.

L in R