PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best GA Magazine?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2002, 20:21
FNG
Not so N, but still FG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Pilot" has been variable in quality lately, is occasionally fogeyish in outlook, and is very old fashioned in presentation, print quality and the like, but I agree with Shaggy that it does have some interesting and heartful stuff. I do not recognise the description above of "Flyer" as aimed at aviation lite. My main criticism of it used to be that it appeared to be aimed at the most unambitious of infrequent GA flyers, but lately it has been improving considerably. I have heard that its current target market is the PPL with a few hundred hours who is quite serious about flying and wants to get better at it. Newcomer "Todays Pilot" has started well although whether the market will bear three similar titles is perhaps doubtful. At least Todays Pilot contains less pointless whingeing about regulators, nimbies etc than do the other two.

It's worth looking at all three, at least initially. After a couple of years, you may notice that the same themes and articles tend to recycle. It's exactly the same with magazines for yachties, climbers etc. Same with Goat Fanciers weekly as well. Oops, wrong forum.

[ 22 February 2002: Message edited by: FNG ]</p>