PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2008, 17:34
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR charges at Shannon

iwhak very interesting numbers that you wrote, it's an amazing deal. Especially when compared to Dublin! Or Stansted. And to top a Marketing grant per route, would make perfect sense to open and close routes the way Ryanair were doing. Do you think that Shannon/Dublin attracted a grant?

I have to admit the debate on Regional airports on here has certainly given me food for thought, there has been some reasonable debate. What I can draw from all of this is that yes we do need a clear aviation policy, a future game plan.

I would read from this post that there is concensus that 1. Big dosh is being given out to regional airports and that is crazily ill thought out & 2. There is not joined up thinking by government on air transport policy???? Does everyone concur?

Well if thats the case what about Dublin Airport. The terminal is costing an absolute fortune.. Way over budget, who pays for that? The decision makers dont give 2 hoots what the final end product ends up costing the airlines, its passengers and tourism when it is finished????

And alas the Cork airport debt, another example of the same. The place was far to expensive and where is all that at?

840- read your post with interest, where you gave some insite into the issues that would drive extra traffic in Feb on ORK LHR, thanks for that!