PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpredictable DGCA
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2008, 12:33
alouette3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sky Dancer:

I too was watching from the sidelines till now. First off, you paint with too wide a brush, my friend. Comparing aviation in the US to that in India is like comparing Tiger Woods to your local golf club buddy.The US has been and will always be a much more user friendly country for aviation.Even the Europeans acknowlege that.
Coming to comparing accident records: LOL.My friend, you claim to have flown here but you obviously don't have a clue. Do you realize the sheer volume of flying that goes on here? At any given time there are more helicopters flying in the Gulf of Mexico and inland in the US than there are airliners in India. As to airline traffic. During peak hours, it is not unusual to have 4000 airliners in the air at one time across the nation. By sheer volume alone I think the safety record is pretty damn good.In fact it is a tribute to the professionalism and skill of all concerned:FAA, ATC, Pilots Dispatchers etc.If India had that kind of traffic, there would be many more smoking holes in the ground.
Coming to GA. You are joking right? GA is non-existent in India . So what are we comparing ?Does GA in the US have a poor safety record? Absolutely. Should that be grounds for curbing GA in the US?Absolutely not.In fact , GA is the rich fertile ground from which the professionals are recruited.
I guess what the man said was true:Lies, damn lies and statistics.
Take care when you come down from your high horse.
Alt3.