PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2008, 12:21
OzyOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi izzy1...just having a wonder thru this forum (I use to be EK Crew) and noticed you were having a bit of a dilemma on how to present yourself for your interview. Gadgetman definitely had very valid points to consider, but I noticed you were thinking of wearing your hair out? Personally I wouldnt recommend doing this (although im sure there have been those who have and were still recruited). Being chosen is a mix of everything ranging from your experience, abilities and grooming (also people forget that they are also assessing the question of.."Can you be easily trained?"). Absolutely let your personality shine thru (within reason) choosing colours that you feel comfortable wearing (make-up etc)..but I think the Key thing to remember here is "professional" Having your hair tied back will present you loooking more "polished" and that a bit of effort was put in. You dont need to go to any major extreme (mine was in a simple ponytail swept back), but leaving your hair down (unless its above the colar of your shirt) will be falling in all the wrong places and the last thing they want to see is someone playing with their hair during the interview flicking it off their face etc.
This is just from my personal experience and although I was never a recruiter with EK, I have done this job with another airline and seeing a fresh faced applicant that was able to sparkled with a bit of their own personality yet maintain a highly groomed/professional image usually won my vote everytime!
I wish you every bit of luck!

Last edited by OzyOS; 24th Mar 2008 at 12:36.