PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2008, 11:30
Angry Rebel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was reading your post with interest and nodding my head in agreement, until I got to the end of the post where you spoiled your so far coherent post with a pointless and childish comment about Cork. You (conveniently) forget a few things:
  • Yes, he promised it debt free. So it should be. How would you feel about ministerial promises to upgrade all roads leading to Shannon, and the Western Rail Corridor not being met?
  • Shannon has had a tasty investment in it's own facilities over the last few years and Dublin bore the burden of that debt. "Level playing field?" "That's business?" Not likely. I don't begrudge Shannon that investment, I just want a fair deal for all.
  • A large part of that €220m was infrastructure related and not the terminal. Most if not all of it related to a lengthy period of underinvestment in Cork.

You note the "usual PPRUNE nonsense" in relation to SNN, but this kind of thing just perpetuates it, just either form a cohesive argument on the issue of Cork and it's debt or drop it and get on with it.

Last edited by Angry Rebel; 24th Mar 2008 at 11:31. Reason: Spelling