PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment for China
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2008, 08:08
purple head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gooneybird , if you can speak chinese it will help i think, but actually on my licence there is a restriction saying it can not be used when i fly, and i dont know of any test that can be taken to get this restriction removed.however like i said my airline are making me learn. i knowa "chinese" person, but born over seas (ie a foreigner), who does not have this restriction, but then again he speaks perfect chinese. But the chinese speaking is not the big problem, its the attitude to actually recruiting foreign FO's as companies have had there fingers burnt, and in turn so have the foreign FO's by the companies.
FO pay is not good, about 25,000 RMB / month, if fly max hours, but then again living is cheap so you can have a good life, providing you dont need send any money back home if you used a big bank loan to help finance your CPL & IR training.

Anonymus6, i now only know of 4, two left in my comapny (used to be 8), and two in another flying the CRJ's, there maybe more, such as at Jade cargo, but i'm not 100% sure, i know shenzhen dont have any more, as the CAAC basically got rid of them.
If you know of any other FO's, dont just waggle you finger, say where they are so people can get the whole picture or say why you think there are more? your answers dont really help too much as to approx how many FO's are in China. are you in China? you can private me if you like.