PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bypass pay - expectation management
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2008, 02:39
raven11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Hiro, I guess you're ignoring my suggestion to lose the angry and nasty tone...

First of all, it took me and my colleagues 10 years plus to earn our commands (not three to eightish). That was after joining as direct entry first officers in our mid to late thirties. We were recruited as high time/mid career pilots. We joined in our "third decade" of life, so put up our four bars in the "fourth decade" of life. We didn't join as Second Officers in the "second decade" of life, so we spent 10 years+ in the right seat. Cathay didn't have a cadet programme until the early ninties, or hirer direct entry second officers until the mid nineties. Generally, in most but not all cases, the direct entry second officers hired were not hi-time pilots, and had no jet time.

I've never owned a porsche or ferrari (although I did own a mitsubishi space wagon once); after "three decades" of marriage, I'm still with my first wife (and intend to remain with her); I'm raising a family; never did well in the stock or real estate market; I'm not...how did you characterize it again...a dinosaur; and, I like to think of myself as a decent and honourable man.

I advocate we stick together and demand a decent and fair deal for us all. That way we, hopefully, can all be happy, and not just one group.

Lastly, I return your words to you with this thought: if Cathay needed Second and First Officers more than they needed Captains, Checkers. or Trainers...they would pay YOU full bypass pay!

So you see Hiro, unless you think you're more marketable, or that you can get a better deal or quicker command somewhere else, it makes god sense to stick together.

So I suggest we stop bickering with each other, and focus our energies on convincing the Company to give us all a fair deal.

Last edited by raven11; 24th Mar 2008 at 02:51.