PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 24th Mar 2008, 01:59
azamat69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone,

Well, EK have been checking out my referees and all seems to be going along nicely.

FL XXX- your welcome for the info, i dont see the point in holding all this info back for guys who need it. I understand that EK is a big stepping stone for some of us in the airline industry and the more help we can get the better!!!
As for my opinion on EK, after spending a few days in Dubai and getting the chance to speak to a couple of the pilots, it seems that the problems that most airlines are having at the moment are happening in EK. YOu see alot of negatives in the threads on Pprune, but you cant always take those as being gospel. I think you really need to go and have a look at Dubai and EK, do some research on the arab and islamic culture/religion and then have a good think about it. The pay/package i dont think is as good as they want us to believe that it is, i think they can and will have to increase the salary, they have a disaster looming in the accomodation side of things as well, we were told that it would be at least 6months in temp accom. so thats going to be a huge setback for guys with families, i am waiting for May when the normal pay increases and profit sharing are announced, and if they up there salary then i will seriously consider heading over. However, thats just my opinion.

As to Leardudes question, the only book i read was Ace the tech. book and i found that it helped me as i hadnt really looked at any of the tech stuff for more than 10years. Certainly the only use it had was for the 30 questions in the tech part of the compass test, but it still helped me feel confident and i think thats important, nothing like coming out of a tech interview feeling like your the dumbest guy on the planet!!! And i think its great advice to get the rest as well, the days start very early, usually around 0615 for the hotel bus pickup and some days you wont be back in your room till 1730..

Good luck everyone and if you have more questions keep posting them and for those that come back from dubai, if there is anything that is not mentioned, please help this thread out by posting..

thanks