PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPSC Remembered. The Professional Pilots Study Centre
Old 24th Mar 2008, 00:13
robione

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPSC Remembered. The Professional Pilots Study Centre

To those who dont remember it,it was probably the best place on earth to go study for CAA and JAA ground studies.Based at Bournemouth International Airport.I think it closed in around 2003.The place was very well organised,very professional,and probably the best group of instructors your money could buy, all rolled into one.I studied my ATPL subjects there and passed them all,after a lot of failures,but eventually got there.I dont fly currently,but remember it with great fondness.David Webb,John Standen,Keith Williams,to mention a few legends.Another lovely bloke called John someone ,cant remember his surname either.He was an ex-British Airways flight engineer on the 747,he had some great stories to tell.Roger head of training,his surname evades me as well.Im sure someone will remind me.I was there late 99 and 2000.Not many scousers there at the time only me i think.Im sure theres lots of chaps and girls on here who studied there who likewise will remember it with fondness.Be good to hear from any students around the time and any other time with some stories to share about the place.You got your work done and there was time for a giggle in the lessons as well which helped a lot.Some characters there as well.For those who remember and for obvious reasons i will not mention the name of the instructor,but the Police arrived at the school and arrested him,alledgedlly ahhmm,he had set fire the previous evening to his ex-girlfriends new boyfriends car outside her home.Roger the head of training asked the Police could they not come back for him later as he was holding a class,no was the reply and off they went with him.He was a lovely bloke really,just something i saw as funny at the time.Not sure if ive shoved this in the correct forum,but it does relate to Professional studies i think.Be good to hear other students comments who studied there, and there memories and comments and stories as well.