PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 24th Mar 2008, 00:07
SunNFun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys..wwwwaaayyyyyy back in the thread there were 3 books people listed 1) Preparing for your Emirates interview 2) Handling the Big Jets 3) How to Ace your Technical Interview. Are those still good reading? I have a loooong flight from JFK to DXB for my interview and I think those 3 books can keep me busy for the flight. Suggestions? Thanks!
The "preparing.." I saw was outdated, did not contain any references to the compass test which now makes up for a large portion of the assessment. But you can't really prepare for that either. Just make sure you read the instructions thoroughly before you start each segment.

"Handling..." is not necessary at all, unless you plan to interview at CX afterwards.

"How to ace..." might be ok read, but not really necessary. The compass test has a short technical questionnaire on a basic ATP Level, but that book is a bit of an overkill.

I would recommend to rest on the flight, you really don't have much time to relax once you get to DXB (Remember, you get a bunch of paperwork to fill out at the hotel and the show time is very early the next morning). Maybe you should go through the sim profile a couple of time.

Just be relaxed and be yourself and you'll do fine.