PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA pilots really deserve our support re Openskys?
Old 23rd Mar 2008, 23:05
excrab

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Click

"CC" is short for "Company Council" - a group of pilots elected by the Balpa members in an individual airline who negotiate with their management on matters relating to their company, assisted as required by professional negotiators from Balpa head office.

However, the question about support is a strange one. Balpa at BA has an incredibly high membership percentage compared to some UK airlines, and if they really believe that this new airline shouldn't happen then all they have to do is to vote for strike action. 90 something % of BA pilots walking out and standing over smoking braziers on picket lines at LHR and LGW would certainly have an effect, I should think. Until they are prepared to do that they shouldn't be calling on other pilots, who might need a job, not to apply for one if it is advertised.

Just before I run for cover I would quickly add that I am a Balpa member at a UK airline, I don't work for BA, I don't want to work for BA and I don't want to work for Open Skies so have no vested interest.

Last edited by excrab; 23rd Mar 2008 at 23:18.