PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA pilots really deserve our support re Openskys?
Old 23rd Mar 2008, 20:54
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluepilot

I think I now see where you are coming from, and I am genuinely (and humbly!) grateful for your support!

All I can say is that there are two sides, to all the BA associated airlines to which you have referred.

I do not believe you can realistically expect 3300 BA pilots to go on strike for the sake of 4 aircraft's worth of freighter work. (That is the current GSS agreement) I'm not even sure it would be legal.

Nor would many have gone on strike to incorporate 50 seat aircraft into mainline, as per BACX. (The RJ100 pilots had the opportunity, and will revert to mainline in two years)

That is not to say we wouldn't have supported those pilot groups, had they decided to force the issue! But they didn't, and haven't. There's the rub!!!

To paraphrase your earlier post; the BA CC did nothing to BACX , or GSS that would have harmed their chances of joining mainline. We want GSS work in house. Why wouldn't we? But it's not our company, and presumably there are many of their pilots who don't want to be BA!!!

OS is totally unlike the previous examples. It involves aircraft of an unlimited size (unlike BACX!) and in unlimited numbers (unlike GSS!)

We haven't found it easy to raise an army even over this obvious attack! It's 22 years since we last struck!!

What chance do you think we would have stood with earlier issues??

I'm sorry, but sometimes people have to take responsibility for their own situations. I'll support anyone who is prepared to down the tools!!

I hope others feel the same, but if they don't........

Last edited by Tandemrotor; 23rd Mar 2008 at 21:06.