PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL-IR-MCC - no job - how many of you?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2008, 13:10
skyhigher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with such a shortage of instructors needed throughout the UK and the rest of the world i can't work out why there are any wannabes out there not at least considering doing an FI rating! Really, kissing ass alone will not get you the first job, wake up and smell the coffee. Appart from the obvious improvement in your flying skills, the 100's of hours flying time (all PIC!) and the enjoyment of getting paid to fly daily, you will make invaluable contacts and get your face known by those who are able to give you the first job!

i only glanced at Flight training news last week when at my local club but there were endless job adverts throughout the country. I am sure you wannabes have heard it all before but without my FI rating i would not have the job i'm in today,and without that FI rating i would not be thinking about a command so quickly! Really you are missing the point thinking jet and not FI!
But that maybe the undoing of those of you too desperate to move into the airlines before you have earned your place.

Just for the record, i complete my MCC after building hours as a FI and only 8 weeks later secured my first FO position. It was simply down to the fact that i had over 1000 hours, and a little luck.

best of luck to you all, but really think about becoming a FI. whats £5k after spending £50k already.

Last edited by skyhigher; 23rd Mar 2008 at 13:52.