PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raising Funds for Training - Credit Crunch
Old 23rd Mar 2008, 13:00
Philpaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have the money to hand then Integrated has to be the way forward, everyone on here dribbles on about chasing the dream, well in my dreams the £ sign rarely pops up. As I have said before, if money wasn't a factor then most people would go Integrated simply because the course is structured, well planned and geared soley at getting you in the RHS of a big Jet, which correct me if i'm wrong, is the dream??
Modular is for those of us that want to cut costs, carry on working and do the training at our own pace. Both systems have ups and downs, advantages and disadvantages, the key is which suits you and your situation best.
Anyway, back to the original thread. Raising money for training....I see this asked so often, what are people looking for here? There are no money trees, golden egg laying geese etc... All you have is your own desire and (hopefully) commitment to the cause. If money is an issue then study like mad and get a sponsored place on an integrated course. Alternatively work/save like mad and pay your own way. The final option would be to get the old folks to stump up the cash but i know if my little lass asked, i'd want her to at least attempt one of the above to show her desire isn't just a passing phase.

Paz (modular)