PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow separation
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2008, 10:32
Sallyann1234

Received 328 Likes on 132 Posts
s&t
As for failing signally, Sallyann, Andrew 120.4's actions have certainly got a much broader audience thinking properly about it the last few days than the few that got to discuss his report originally, and from what he's told us, that's what Andrew 120.4 strongly felt was required. He was talking about this kind of stuff in PPRuNe 18 months ago and getting a good hearing, but evidently it didn't lead to the type of serious force for improvement he was hoping for.

Now at least NATS Group Exec and the regulators will have to revisit it afresh. I can't imagine it otherwise, can you?
I'm not qualified to judge what reaction the publicity will have within the regulators. As someone who both earns an income and spends much of it within aviation I can only trust that they are doing the right thing whatever that may be.
My observation was simply that in the wider world outside, the topic has come and gone very rapidly and I was slightly surprised at this. Even the anti-airport-expansion brigade has been quiet on the issue so far.