PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment for China
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2008, 05:47
purple head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a foreign FO flying for one of the private carriers in China, you can ignore most things wrote on pprune as they are not true. In my company we have 2 foreign FO now. we had 8 but 6 guys from HK got type ratings and left and messed things up for everybody else as the company (probably)wont take any more- no new ones for over a year. I have also seen a foreign FO flying a CRJ (forget the company)and spoke to him, he said he was ex panam flight school instructor and his company had 2 FO's. he thought they would not take any more. I have heared a rumor that my company will take another foreign FO, but he will pay his own type rating, his own high performance training (20 hours in a Y-7, or Citation or some other aircraft i forget the name) and he has signed a 12 year contract, not sure how much truth is in that or not. So there are foreign FO's flying in China, about 4 of us, and i had 300 hours when i got the job. But it took me two years before i actually started flying, and now i have to speak chinese when i fly or i can only fly with 5 captains who have good enough english, so my flight hours would be limited. So there is a short summary of the truth regarding foreign FO's in China.