PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2008, 00:10
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers for that! Obviously a bit behind the times. Makes more sense. The majority of visitors to Tenerife will be going to the south coast and the journey from north to south, even though it is mostly motorway, can be a long one!

With regards to Inter-Canary flights, Binter pretty much covers the demand for this. I would have thought that FR aircraft would be too large for flights of such a short sector. Binter does extremely well purely because it can offer frequent services on a daily basis because of the size of their aircraft. I think Binter also offer a frequent flier scheme which is popular with travellers who regularly visit neighbouring islands. I think the most obvious Inter-Canary route for FR if they were to consider such flights would be TFN-LPA purely because of the important links between the 2 largest cities in the Canaries. I doubt there would be huge demand for TFS-LPA, purely because TFS serves mainly holiday traffic and the south coast is purely made up of resorts rather than large towns or cities.