PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying with dogs?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2001, 03:26
flybymike

I have a poodle with about 400 hours as P2. He leaps inside the aircraft as soon as I open the door and can't wait to get going. During the climb out he barks at the sheep and cows in the fields.( a nuisance when air traffic keeps asking me to "say again") During the cruise he settles down to sleep, and when I reduce power and lower the gear he wakes up and gets ready to give the general population some barking stick during the approach.Several times when taxiing past the tower with the storm window open and the dog leaning out to make sure I don't crash in to anything, air traffic have remarked on his exceptional co piloting abilities. Great fun, I wouldn't be without him. On the other side of the coin though, I have a dalmatian. I wouldn't dream of letting him near the aircraft, never mind inside it . He would be bound to decide to get his chemistry set out whilst on route and come up with some kind of horrendous disaster scenario ( brings a new meaning to the phrase " Give me that stick " ) Horses for courses etc I suppose, but if you think your dog will be ok take it along with you. You will both enjoy it.