PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair passenger charter - more lies!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 19:43
TotalBeginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair passenger charter - more lies!

I was just browsing the Ryanair website this evening and came across this statement in their passenger charter:

Ryanair is the only airline in Europe that does not overbook its flights; therefore Ryanair has eliminated the possibility of passengers being denied boarding as a result of overbooking. However if for technical or immigration reasons, it becomes necessary to accommodate passengers on another flight, Ryanair will seek to prioritize the needs and minimise the delay of those passengers effected and provide compensation in line with Regulation EU261/2004.
What an utter load of b******s!

As an ex FR employee, I can categorically state that they certainly do overbook! Up to 5% of the capacity, which means that the booked figure can be as high as 200. (based on the 737-800 configured for 189Y)

The staff are told to advise passengers who are denied boarding that either "a row of seats are unserviceable" or "we have to transport deportees" (which I guess is in keeping with the above statement). How do they get away with publishing this trash???