PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finishing my PPL after a lapse
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 19:07
millard64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too had a gap in my training mine was 6 years due to my chosen flying school going bump and taking my hard earned funds with them. I had completed 28.5 Hrs flying and completed 2 solo nav flights and like you I was told that I was making very good progress.

I had to retake my exams as they are only valid from 2 years after your last pass. You will probably not finish your flight training before this unless you can do an intensive refresher / completion course.

I took a further 40 Hrs to reach the required level attempt my skill test but then I was only flying at weekends due to work commitments. As stated earlier it all depends on how much you have retained since your forced break from learning to fly, but I can say this it is possible to do it and all the skills are still there albeit rusty. Another factor to consider is the cost has increased and what your budget was 2 years ago will not fund your training to completion at today’s school rates, but I suppose you have researched this already

So good look and welcome back to the world of General Aviation