PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Commitment Bonus' of £15,000 for the military
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 18:18
True Blue Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Melchett01
I thought we already 'bought more time' from the ORs in the form of the 4 and 7 yr signing on payments? The point that you are missing here Rigga is that this is being pushed as a commitment bonus. As 'theprior' suggested, by giving 'commitment' bonuses to certain groups, it creates disquiet and more than a little annoyance amongst those who don't get them - the implication being that they are not commited and don't deserve a 'commitment' bonus. Which is clearly not the case - at any level or trade in the RAF.
I agree completely and this happened when we in the lower echelons saw the aircrew getting FRI payments of a magnitude which would have had a significant impact on the quality of our lives.

I got my RI bonuses (£3K and £2.5K) at the 4.5 and 7.5 year points and I was happy to receive them. However, I would still be in the RAF today if I hadn't because at those stages in my career I considered myself to be in for the long haul. This new bonus is once again targeted at the wrong section of our population.