PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 16:55
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm........

Lots to think about there.

Bpaggi - just to clarify I said that the aircraft doesn't know if it's being operated Cat A or Cat B not that it was unaware of the NR ...... it obviously IS.

My situation is that I have to teach exactly what it says in the RFM/QRH and my colleagues and I try hard to do that. We are however beginning to encounter other (very professional) colleagues from around the world who come for their recurrent training and bring with them their intelligent interpretations of the gaps and ambiguities of the master documents such as the RFM.

What we crave is the aviation equivalent of that wonderfully interesting DVD that often accompanies the Movie DVD - "How it was made" "Interviews with the director".....That kind of background stuff would enable those of us in the firing line to deliver not only 'technique' but also 'understanding'

It is desperately frustrating to have the opportunity to deliver an accurate and meaningful contribution to the safe and effective operation of this great helicopter only to be starved of background info. We have tried asking more experienced AW colleagues but cannot get a consistent answer. Whatever we get we need it from those that know and in writing.... please.

If Bpaggi can help further would love to chat.

G

PS - Doesn't a proper FADEC include control of the starting cycle???