PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - helicopter reported down in Ireland
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 16:37
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So if you had just survived a potentially fatal accident and were in hospital with serious injuries, and the best I could come up with was 'well you're not much of a pilot if it was your own fault' or words to that effect, what would you think?
Bladecrack, funnily enough I did just that. Not a crash in an aircraft, but in a previous job. All I got while I was lying in hospital for a few weeks was 'You can't be much of a manager if you had one of your staff stab you' WTF?!!!!

Probably must be true then I suppose, because that's how it felt at the time. Did it bother me when only I knew the truth? No, not at all. Couldn't give a toss about it to be honest.

If I ever pile in in a heli, I hope everyone on PPRuNe comes on here and discusses/dissects etc every and any possible scenario. You know why? Because it promotes discussion and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Maybe just thicker skinned than some, and i'd be the first one to come on here and tell my side of it, in detail if requested, if I was able?

ps, my post above edited out of respect.