PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Happy at Emirates?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 15:58
White Knight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry S-Y-B, but I've done over five years myself and still enjoy the job! Yes, I was accused of the old 'honeymoon phase' and the 'rose tinted specs' when I first came too..

What makes the job for me is the guys I fly with. 99.99% are top guys and - dare I say it - generally good operators too. I like the variety, I get to fly three different types of aeroplane, interesting network (short haul around Europe got a little tedious!) and I don't mind checking in for a flight at 00:15 - guess I'm one of the lucky few that can sleep six hours in an evening..

Sure, there are things that need to change - noticeably the salary! Long term the Greenback will rise once the Yanks have sorted out their trade defecit. In the meantime at least 30% is needed to combat inflation - glad I've got no foreign mortgage too, that would be interesting. I can see why some guys can't stand it here, and full marks to those that put their money where their mouths are and find a good job elsewhere - best of luck to them!

There's still a lot to see and do here (not always costing a lot either) if you can bother to get off your fat ar*e and do it.. I'm here for quite a while yet...