PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli 'collides with gas rig' 11-Mar-08
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 12:51
SASless

Received 521 Likes on 217 Posts
Helmet Fire,

As I read it....this was not an official company report or in any way supported or promoted by the operator. My impression is it was business as usual....hold the cards close to the vest standard mode.

It were individuals that got this into the public eye. For that....they should be admired by the rest of us as they probably have paid a price for having done so.

You are too right when you say how valuable this is for the advancement of safety awareness by the industry. It is a shame we cannot get the operators to invest in a common forum that would benefit all of them.

I firmly believe photographs of wreckage and it's contents, aired in a professional venue, combined with a documentation of the causes as is possible, would reinforce the importance of proper procedures both in engineering and in piloting. It would take the abstract out of reality.

Safety training programs would be a very good venue for that.....how can you talk about safety...crashes...accidents...injuries...and deathes....and not be confronted by the stark reality and tragedy of aircraft losses.