PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Happy at Emirates?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 11:36
haveago

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive been here here for 18 months. On the whole I think it is pretty good. Kids love it. My Wife is still getting use to it but definitely as time goes by she is beginning to enjoy it too.
You have to get involved here and keep yourself busy, and as far as I am concerned there is is plenty to do. I am from the UK and was flying widebody before I joined for a UK carrier. This is better! 3 years to command is not a bad incentive...
You do have a lot of late checkins but doing long haul in most places that is the case. People are very quick to knock EK but ask yourself the question "where is it better?" The pay might be declining against the week dollar, but factor in free house, schooling, good medical care, getting picked up from your house everytime you go go to work and the overall package is hard to beat!
Don't listen to all the negative nonsence you read on here. In by view most of the negative aspects could be applied to any airline in some way or another.
If your thinking of applying, give it a go and you might be pleasantly surprised!