PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 2
Thread: SOUTHEND - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 09:22
Toxic Thrust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Expressflight a very heavyweight selection of potential bidders. I do have to say that not all airport operators are all they are cracked up to be, The particular operator that gets it will very much determine the sort of airport that is run in the future.

Albertis - Have had results at LTN in terms of filling the stands and terminal. Their biggest problem at Luton is the short lease that is left which is why investment has stopped. One problem that they would not have at SEN.

Hochteif - well I belive they run BRS and that doesn't seem to be doing bad right now

LCY (AIG) - The inftasrtucture would get sorted. runway, ramp, terminal and all of the other things that need doing. They have an ability to get the airlines to come rolling in. The airport could rapidly become a very expensive operating environment for the GA operators and dozens of parasitic operators that survive on SEN's low rates though.

Barclays capital - Well they could be working as a front for anyone

Dawnay Day - Are making some changes at OXF but have they got what it takes to take on SEN?

Infratil - God help us look at Manston for God's sake!

Balfour Beatty - well it doesn't sound like they particularly know what they are doing at EXT right now

Don't know anything about the one from Oz

Can't say I thnk much of the CAFCO mob that oprerate Coventry as the airport development seems to have become completely botched and no one knows what is going to happen there now.

I am sure there are many others and I'm not sure which one I'd go for

The worst thing that could happen is someone take it to hold onto for a few years, do absolutley nothing and turn a fast buck. The airport needs heaps spending on it to bring it into this century and that needs to start ASAP

Last edited by Toxic Thrust; 22nd Mar 2008 at 10:23.