PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow separation
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 04:58
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Slip and Turn,

As one humble example of NATS "elitist" and "highly strung" workforce [26 years in] whose militancy apparently leaves our management "worried sick" that they will "lose us" to a work-to-rule which would "make the company implode" I would like to point out two inconvenient facts.

Firstly, in 26 years I have never been involved in any kind of industrial action be it strikes, work-to-rules or anything else. To the best of my knowledge neither have any of my colleagues barring the possibility of small-scale regional disputes which may have escaped my notice. We have in fact been a very tranquil and compliant workforce which has given our management very few headaches when compared with employees of other similar agencies.

Secondly, whilst the NATS pension scheme is indeed a good one, the employer has just enjoyed a very substantial pensions holiday (five years I believe but would accept being corrected on this). During this time, the employees have paid in and the employer has not. Despite this, our pension scheme remains in SURPLUS. Some burden we are!

So we are not quite the unyielding worrisome problem you like to make out, are we? What exactly is your issue with us? Maybe you have had a rough deal with your own pension somewhere down the line but that is hardly our fault is it?

Now lets just cut out the unpleasantness and stick to the facts, OK?

Cheers, SHED.