PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment III
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 01:42
violinplayer21c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

Hey there,... guys, maybe that doesn't really belong in this forum, but here it goes:
I'm Mat, 22, originally from Vienna, Austria. Used to fly for Austrian Airlines 01/2006-03/2007 (contract discontinued due to financial probs of OS) and am with Etihad since 05/2007. Money here is gr8, but I miss normal life (and flying) in Europe. Got accepted by Lufthansa to start in May, but really don't fancy Germany nor LH, but it's a secure future. Just came back from a LHR layover, loved the city (and the boyz at Soho), so thought about applying for a UK based airline (BA, Qantas, ANZ, bmi)... BA is accepting applications (3 more days)... but only LHR short- or long-haul.
Need some infos,... so if u go for long haul they'll kick ya out after 11 months? And short-haul, you'll be just doing turn-arounds on the 737/320 within Europe, but you'll get a permanent contract, eventually?
How's the pay and life... how do BA f/a's live in London? Shared appartment or is it enough for having your own little place close to the center? What would you recomment? Anybody else did that before, flying in the E.U., moving to the UAE for EK, EY and moving on to the UK?
Let me know, thanks sooo much, big hugs, Mat