PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLMuk and Buzz to split
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2002, 01:48
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

On the local grapevine HV have not yet made a longterm decision what to do with Basiq Air. However, I heard that Legro had made a move towards expanding Basiq Air and diluting HV in 2002?? Ironic that EJ stated with loud trumpets that it was going to start AMS - NCE, BCN, AGP. Guess where Basiq Air fly????????? So much for commercial secrets and stratergy! HV will become a B737 operator and dump the 757's. AMS is ripe for a low cost operator, but I mean real low cost, not Basiq Air prices. Come on Ryan Air, where are you?? EJ have cancelled there plans for an AMS base; what about a poke in the eye for them? If not them, then BUZZ. I'm sure that the much mouthed excuse from EJ, of lack of slots, for not opening up AMS will not apply to BUZZ. Combining BUZZ & HV will have massive local union and political problems. It could succeed but not quickly and smoothly. Good idea though. What is for sure, Basiq Air can not become a true low cost operator in its present form.. .I wait to pick up the pieces, but it might be a long wait.