PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 21st Mar 2008, 23:22
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What position/s have you applied for IJWTF?

It'll be interesting to see what it is they're looking for. I don't imagine it will be much different from the general Virgin 'flair' they look for at VB. As you've noted IJWTF, I wonder how much Virgin Atlantic they want to inject into V Australia - given that it will compete with Qantas & United internationally. What you manage to get away with at VB may not necessarily be in favour with V Australia (ie. jokes on the PA, etc.)

I also wonder how they will assess people throughout the day for manager-type roles onboard. Generally speaking, we'd all be familiar with the idea of not being too outspoken, or too quiet at group type exercises (which is fine for Cabin Crew roles)...but for managerial positions, this could shift away from being 'in the middle' towards demonstrating more 'leading' qualities. Just a thought - but I'm as equally in the dark in what they're looking for.

I suppose it's an interesting situation to be in. Since none of us work for this new Virgin brand yet, we don't have any 'inside' or personal perspectives from anyone. From what I understand, the product launch itself (fares, an idea of what will be onboard, etc) will occur towards the end of this month. Hopefully, that will give us all more information to work on prior to the interviews.