PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO Language Proficiency Tests
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2008, 21:52
WestWind1950

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Dudeness
But why the f... have the authorities not just sent ONE letter to every other authority, telling them all pilot with our licence have Level 4 to this and that date, instead of sending thousands of letters to be carried around.
Because not all licenses automatically have the English radio licence! In Germany you have either the BZF II, BZF I, or AZF. Only those pilots with a BZF I or AZF radio licence recieved the letter. And you are to carry it with you when you fly outside of Germany or your licence may not be recognised by the foreign authorities. If you only have a BZF II, you did NOT get a letter because you only carry a GERMAN language radio licence!

I have read a few of your comments, for example in the Mannheim thread, and you definitely must brush up on your English grammar sorry Dude.

Oh, and the letter is just to cover the time between now and 2010. By then, the problems of who, when, and where the exam takes place will be solved... maybe.

P.S. some countries don't even HAVE radio licences. Now, everyone (finally) has to learn proper communication in the aviation primarily language of English and prove they have done so.....