PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Open Skies
Thread: Open Skies
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2008, 19:22
6chimes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but I really don't accept O/S as the threat you sell it to be.

I'm sorry to say; but it is!

How do I know? Because I work for an airline that set up a separate low cost airline that was not in any competition with its parent airline. But guess what? When the owners saw what they could get away with, they held us to ransom and have whittled most of our good T&C's away.

The fact is with so many low cost carriers around advertising very low fares and it costs pretty much the same to fly an aircraft wether or not it is being flown by a low cost operator or full service airline. The easiest way to cut your overheads is by giving your staff the bear minimum.

BA is one of the very very few airlines left that offer a decent job with decent pay for more than a teenager living at home or in a gap year.

Ground personnel have more often than not have very little idea about the lives, fears and experiences that flight crew and cabin crew endure. And as such have very little to say that is relevant to us because you have no idea what those little changes on paper look like in reality when we put them into practice.