PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bypass pay - expectation management
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2008, 16:53
dolian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Guys

I agree with all the sentiments listed at the start of this thread.
The overall big picture, as we all taught to be aware of as good aviators,
is to remember who we are employed by.
Do a Google search on Swire Company history and see what you find.
It makes for interesting reading.
To the present day, nothing has changed, the greedy people get wealththier but also loose a lot of friends and respect in the meantime.
I ask you, all of you, what is more important, enjoying your life with respect form you peers or making a life for yourself that gives you self-importance and money? I know what I have chosen.
CX gets what CX wants and I know that puts a lot of poeple off-side but look at the situation since 1999/2000 nothing has changed and people will always be selfish and look after No. 1 ( Fact of life).
I have been a HKAOA member since I joined over 10 years ago and my family and I have been through a great deal of stress trying to protect my employment contract, unfortunately to no avail.
So call me a pessimist, but I can't see any reason why this will change in the future.
There are lots of jobs out there at the moment and CX isn't the most sort after employer in the world, so maybe that will give us an advantage but as long as people extend over 55 for a worse contract or poeple join on COS 08 then nothing will change!!!!!!!!!
Think about what is important to you and don't be selfish all your life, it's too short.