PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too many threads being closed?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2002, 14:13
FNG
Not so N, but still FG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always had the impression that this forum was invisibly moderated. I'm not just referring to the exercise of self restraint by contributors. It seemed that moderators such as WWW, PPrune Dispatcher and others kept half an eye on things whilst we operated like Little Twittering in the Wold Airstrip. Now that we are Private Flying International Megafield, and the forum, like PPRruNe generally, gets busier and busier, Danny's team may need the protection of a designated moderator, as the risk of defamatory postings increses with volume. The provider of a bulletin board such as this one isn't responsible in the first instance for naughtiness posted by users, but has to get the naughtiness off the screen fairly promptly in order to keep up to date with CYA requirements.. .. .So, welcome Big Red L. The only moderator line training that I would politely request would be a quick read of Tristram Shandy by that most excellent sky pilot Laurence Sterne, as this leads to an increased appreciation of the noble arts of digression and of talking nonsense (I am thinking of applying for instructor ratings in both).