PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too many threads being closed?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2002, 13:54
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo7,. .. .I in no way meant this as an attack on Big Red L. I just felt quite strongly that the subject needed discussing, and I hoped that to do so might be helpful to him too. I too feel that this forum hardly needs a moderator. But I say "hardly" rather than "doesn't" because occasionally, just very occasionally, people get too abusive (beyond the everyday cut and thrust that makes PPRuNe what it is). Mind you, having said that, I can't think when it's happened really, not on this forum. And such things usually die down by themselves, and on the whole it creates less waves to just let that happen. . .. .On Rotorheads, which probably has a similar amount of traffic to this forum, the two moderators are rarely heard. But they have been, when really really REALLY necessary. To me, that is how it should be. . .. .But I wasn't sure if everyone else agreed, and I felt it was worth discussing. After all, this is OUR forum, started by request of several of us (Hi LowNSlow, New Bloke etc) comparatively recently. Surely we have a right to discuss what goes on and stays on it.