PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too many threads being closed?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2002, 04:19
siwalker66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the last three years I have spent a lot of time on Pprune - a staggering amount when I think about it - and value it greatly. (I realise my profile shows I only joined in Jan but... long story)... . .I have quite a range of often quite daft interests so I read widely and browse the web extensively. I have explored the area of web fora and debates quite thoroughly.. .Pprune is without doubt one of the greatest sites in terms of range of subject matter and quality of debate that exists. . .I know that may seem an extreme view but believe me I have seen the rest. If you are a newcomer to this site you may judge for yourself by trying searches on whatever interests you - I don't think there any any areas of debate left untouched, from religious issues to relationships, the environment, history, literature, music..... .And thats before you get to the flying. .What I am trying to get across is:. .1. Sites of this quality are sooooooo rare. .2. Pprune is very valuable means of expression for many people. .3. So censorship should be undertaken only after very great consideration.. .4. It must be realised by the moderators that some of the most significant debates arise in the middle of posts about a different subject entirely