PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help - Lets show this NIMBY what real aircraft noise is
Old 21st Mar 2008, 10:31
Mad_Mark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In reference to a good Lat/Long I think the following may be a little bit closer to where you may like to visit 52° 38'24.15"N 003° 01'18.11"W (Vine Cottage, Worthern, Shropshire)

In all fairness to Mr Dignan though, his house is some 18.5 miles as the crow (or Squirrel) flies from RAF Shawbury, and on the other side of Shrewsbury, so it is not as if he moved in next to the perimeter fence or even inside the MATZ.

However, I do think it very hypocritical of him to complain about aircraft noise whilst, apparently, not only being into (noisy) shooting but appears to have had some connection (owner/employee?) to a gun shop in Shrewsbury (Ebrall Brothers)!

Also, if he is a member of the Shropshire Section of the Vintage Motorcycle Club (again as it appears to be the case) then not only is he adding yet more noise to the 'peaceful' Shropshire countryside but he may also be interested in the club night on 24th September when an M. Pearson will be talking about his/her experience in the RAF I do hope they mention the necessity for low flying training during the talk

MadMark!!!