PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie questions about training-Please help!
Old 21st Mar 2008, 10:26
on_the_rise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie questions about training-Please help!

Hello Friends,

This is my first post on this forum, I have been tracking this forum for long now.

I am not yet a pilot but I am looking forward to starting the CPL training from May this year & I am a bit confused as to where should I do my training. The training cost of many of the flying club's has almost doubled in the past 2 yeras.

I am an Indian resident. Can you with your valuable experience guide me with the procedure of selecting a good flying club for training. I have some cost constraints but I am still looking for good training. I initially thought to do the training in South Africa then I got to know that JAA licence exams are very tough as compared to FAA Licence exam in US. Is this the case? Please guide... Becuase at last I have to convert my licence into India CPL.

I have noticed that some flying clubs are overflooded with students and are charging very high fees (because of good advertisment) and some equally good clubs are providing the same training at very low cost. Now I am not able to make out where exactly to go. Please help me with this

Thanks very much.. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Deepak