PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2008, 08:00
52049er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
900, I fear you are right about not progressing the debate, but I've got 5 minutes...

For one, they are in the pocket of BACC
A union in the pocket of its members. Blimey, whatever next

it is in the interest of all BA pilots to restrict entry - thus protecting progress to plan of curent incumbants
This has completely lost me. Why would I not want people to join below me on the seniority list? Stopping people joining or stopping growth of the company would seem a much better way of stopping my 'progress to plan', whatever that is?

No-one in the BACC seriously believes this is an issue of job security - they have all but admitted as much in public forums
Ummmmm, where?

The BACC method is to ensure that access to command is all BA MSL (hence restricting entry / progress to DEPs) and BA will pay the price by providing access to all O/S DEPs to the BA MSL
In truth, if they get their way, BACC will control /own BA flying
So my union wants to ensure that all flying done by company mainline aircraft is done by company mainline pilots. How radical. And that somehow means that we control the company. Any chance you could take a photo of the sky next time you are at work 900? I'd love to know what colour it is in your world.