PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nelson ALPA pilots to strike
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2008, 07:39
flyitboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of support here for the flight crews taking this bold action. I only hope it doesn't backfire somehow, management in these ugly cases have looooooong memories! (WW3 pilots dispute comes to mind here in OZ) Still it takes 'risk' to fly in the first place as it taking risk now to continue to fly without even leaving the ground! I salute you brave guys & gals

Hypothetical here:

All airlines (any listed business obviously)are there to make money for their shareholders right? What if an airline was based purely on returning it's profits back to the real owners of the airline, it's workforce? I bet a penny to a pound that you would have flight crew & all the others that make up an airline crawling over broken glass to get a job there if money was funneld back into the business with say shares only going to the employees. No managers to force you to work more for less hrs just there to manage the day to running of the core business & getting paid a fair amount, their sole reason, to move pax at a fair price & SHARE the profits within

Now all we need is a Co. name & several million bucks, the name will be the hard one to achieve!

I did say Hypothetical but is it?

F