PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Happy at Emirates?
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2008, 07:31
scaglietti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now why would you think that there are any "happy" pilots out of the 2000 that are here?

I'm not unhappy here and as I have said before the correspondents on prune are not necessarily a scientific sampling but most of them do have real concerns.

The positives as I see them (in no specific order & not an exhaustive list) are as follows:
Job security, upgrade possibilities, medical coverage, good equipment, chauffeur driven to and from work, the housing, schooling, the awesome view while crossing the Himalayas, and the money is ok (unless you have Euro expenses) but maybe not reflective of the market.

The negatives are well known to anyone who reads prune regularly. The biggest problem is also the biggest advantage. Growth and the management thereof. Due to the exponential growth the company has a policy of doing more with less because they can't hire people quickly enough. In my opinion a short/medium/long/ultra-long haul carrier has no business trying to get it's crews (cockpit & cabin) to fly to/and beyond the legal limit (and actively trying to increase that limit) and this is why a job that used to be a 10 or 15 year commitment might only be a 5 or 10 year commitment now.

IMHO

Scaglietti