PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpredictable DGCA
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2008, 18:51
DesiPilot
The Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getsetgo,

First thing first, when you are refering to a post # do not use the posts # that you see under the screen name. It updates everytime that person makes another posting and confuses the hell out of us. So you'd be better off using the post # that is there on the top right corner of the posting. Like in this post I will be quoting from your post # 80 & # 85 and not posts by you (currently 67) and it will change to 68 once you answer my post :-p

Now that we have the basics squared away, I don't think NG will be going anywhere. Not because he will get a new medical and not because some paper pusher in your office thinks that he is medically fit again. But due to the fact that someone from his airline will bribe one of the babus in your office (thats the reason he was found medically unfit to begin with). I do not know him personally but he sounds like a sensible guy and in case he'd have to leave India I am sure he will find hundreds of jobs between India and his country. I can bet that he won’t even cross the Indian Ocean before he is offered another job. Now that is not the case for you, is it? If you are caught taking bribe, no one is going to touch you with a barbed pole. So be very very careful my friend.

Also, and I
NG EXPAT POST 22
Best thing is when you know rape is inevitable, better you enjoy it.
when you are willing to be f**ked,what any body can do?
and

boeing dream 787

when i f**k i donot look at face, i donot dream ,i concentrate on my job of f**king.
thats how i enjoy my job.
I think you need to get out of your white office, go across the street and catch a blue line bus that will take you to MG Road. Now I know why you guys are so stuck up, you are not getting any, neither at home nor outside and now it shows in your postings too. Perhaps you can do us a favour and use the bribe money for this cause. This way at least you will be pleasant to talk to.

And for the standards of medicals, well, FAA is easy I agree. Do they cut corners, I don't think so. If they did, DGCA or for that matter any other ICAO contracting State will not allow FAA licence holders to fly in their State. I don't see DGCA appointed medical centres performing any additional tests. If anything, it is a humiliating experience. It takes the Airforce guys 6 hours to perform something that shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.

And please do not get me started on the infection control practices of any of the airforce hospitals. I have to piss in the same test tube that has been used thousands of times before? The lab technician who is drawing blood never wears any gloves? The audiometry machine is as archaic as I am and the headset has never been cleaned or sterilised. I can only hope that ENT equipment was sterilised and that it will not be used again before it goes through the sterilising process again.

Next time you find yourself a little motivated (may be right after you've visited MG Road) please go to medical section and pick up any PMR. It has enough dust on it that it will trigger an asthmatic attack and perhaps enough sh*t on it to give you many other airborne disease.

While we are discussing your posts please tell me what Snow Fall are you talking about? The only SNOW that I see falling will be on DGCA. The Civil Aviation ministry has decided to bring in an external DG. What, you do not have any qualified people amongst yourselves? I am sure you are pissed off that an outsider is coming and he/she will be telling you how to do your job properly.