PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff flying school
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2008, 16:02
Moffman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree with Right Touch...If you are 100% commited to becoming a airline pilot, you need to try and get off on the right foot, as far as your training is concerned! Yes, it is true that almost anyone can go away and pay for some training and come away with a license, but its your level of training that you will recieve which will aid you in the future, and airlines have recognised this! Hence why the preferable route is Integrated with a reputable flight school! The industry is as comepetitive as ever, and its things like training background that help distinguish between candidates! I came through CTC wings, and the reason i chose them was the fact i knew i would receive some of the best instruction/facilities in the industry...which from this led me straight into the right hand seat of a 757 with 300 hours under my belt, with no further airline selection required!! Its cos of the strict selection process and the high level of training associated with CTC, a large number of airlines have agreements with them!

My advice would be if you are really want to fly for a airline...DO NOT sacrifice quality training/facilties for a smaller cost...your hindering yourself right from day 1 if you do....