PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 Area of Responsibility question re Fire Handle Actuation.
Old 20th Mar 2008, 15:19
wileydog3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While you idiots are sitting there debating who's job it is to pull the fire handle I hope for your own sake there's an engineer or a baggage handler with more commen sense than you guys have, walking by the wheel well to pull the fire handle for you. Not everything needs a check list.
But the first issue, Chief, was who does not.. not just the ground incident where anyone noticing the fire can respond.

I thought the discussion was about a crew working the problem in flight, not just a ground APU fire.

If it is the former then the discussion has highlighted the differences between operators and philosophies as to who does what and when. Some, as my old house did, had the Capt do the checklist items. Why have the F/O read the checklist and ask the Capt what to do while the Capt is trying to fly the airplane? Why not have the one who makes the decisions do the checklist, have the F/O put the airplane on autopilot and create a decent task loading? Philosophy. Not stupidity....