PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wings Aviation Airplane Missing!
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2008, 14:39
DRPAM007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE......"The search is still on-going".

As at 1415Z,

I Spoke with the NAMA MD and basically they are in contact with the Spanish Mission control centre, and are still searching for the missing airplane.

This position was also confirmed by a few reliable aviation correspondents I called in Lagos.

Some rumours are making the rounds that the aircraft may have been sighted in Lanseria, (South Africa) which I consider most unlikely. We all know that the radar network in Johannesburg is pretty good comparatively. Well, to get to the bottom of it, I called Lanseria airport (+27 11 659 2750) and spoke with the duty controller (today 1433Z) who checked their logs and informed me they have no information on the missing aircraft or any other Nigerian registered B1900 traffic recently.

The Nigerian senate appears peeved ( they dont know how peeved some us are!) and clamouring for heads to roll, but I think the timing is rather insensitive.
The right thing is to join efforts and resources, rescue the missing crew and afterwards analyse our dismal performance.

"Against the odds, we have to hope".

Last edited by DRPAM007; 20th Mar 2008 at 17:38.