PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpredictable DGCA
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2008, 13:26
NG ExPat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Command of English Language

Rotorhead,

By no means am I defending this Clown, however I do remember him saying something about having to use a keyboard that translates his language to English. His command of the English Language is poor at best, and whatever it is that he uses to translate, be it keyboard or Translator, are no better. It is either that, or he spends most of his waking hours swimming in a bottle of Old Monk!!

I tend to agree that he most likely works for the DGCA. That being said, it is no wonder that the DGCA is so out of control. Have you ever noticed how rules suddenly come out of nowhere, and they are not published on paper or anywhere for us to see? Take for example the Age 60 issue for FAA Licensed Pilots. A ruling was made to stop us from flying past 60 in India. Was that ruling ever published? No, it was simply word of mouth!
Some overly impressed with himself idiot just decided one day that he was going to toss that particular iron into the fire. Most likely because his palm had been greased with the right amount of Rupee's!!

The same thing applied in my situation, nothing in writing was ever handed to me or anyone else. Simply an email from my employer stating that the DGCA had reviewed my medical records. Which I assure you they did not. Some Desk Jockey who has no clue just decided that I wasn't medically fit to fly in the dirty air of India, and we all know about the extremely low opinion they have of FAA Medicals. Of course they fail to mention how a portion of Indian Pilots, are given a pass by some Medical Corpsman on their Physicals, because the Doctor couldn't seem to get his ass to work that day.

ICAO, the FAA et. al. are aware of what is going on over there. Can they do something about it? Or better yet will they? Probably not, the country has us by the balls. We need their government support in that region. Large Corporations set up call centers their, thus saving themselves millions in salaries. It is another case of money talks! We are screwed, and in our heart of hearts we all know it, but we choose to ignore it.

Someday after their are a few piles of smoldering metal laying around, because of some insane DGCA ruling, something may get done.