PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Commitment Bonus' of £15,000 for the military
Old 20th Mar 2008, 12:19
The Dodger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with some folks here, this bonus scheme should be aimed more at the retention of the Soilder, Sailor and Airmen. I left the Airforce last week to a Civillian Airline job, which I hope will turn into a great Career. I used to think the same of the Airforce when I first joined up. Indeed things at first looked great. I loved every minute of it. However with all the problems the services are facing with housing and quality of life etc, I knew that I had to go, to have a chance of a career I want in Aviation. The money the Airforce offers to engineers or aircrew today, is no way competitive enough to that of the Airlines. The goverment for once is doing something to try and stop experinced bods from leaving. Unfortunatly I think it's too late. It would have taken me another load of years in the Airforce, doing OOA, station duties etc, to fight for a promotion and pay rise which I am getting now. Just by leaving I have already improved my quality of life. What does that say.